Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I hate card people

In case you don't know what I mean by card people, it's an asshat that was issued a frequent buyer type card by a business and thinks that said business owes them everything.

Earlier tonight a diamond level card person throwing a fit because the Starbucks at the hotel was out of the tea he wanted. I didn't handle the issue. I'm glad I didn't. I would have had trouble containing myself. The guy told the front desk clerk he was complaining to that Starbucks was closing early and refusing to serve him. Not the case, they were just out of a particular type of tea. That's all and his diamond status isn't going to fix that. It can't fix the fact that he's a total asshole either.

I guess being a diamond member makes it OK to lie to get what you want and get people that work at the hotel in trouble. Because the other night auditor was ready to yell at the baristas until he found out the real story.

The customer is not always right, in some cases the customer is a lying sack of shit, especially if they have a card. And that's the problem, card carrying assholes like the one in this story ruin it for the good card carrying frequent customers. They are like spoiled bratty children, but worse because they are adults.

No comments: