Thursday, July 31, 2008

My complaint about work tonight - valet parking

I have one valet on shift overnight. No major issue with that, most nights that's all we need. However, the one we have is about as slow as it gets. More often than not when he is needed, he's passed out on a couch, or hiding in the garage, or in the breakroom. Sometimes I can get him on the radio, other times I can't. I don't expect him to be out front standing at attention, but I don't think being awake and available are too much to ask. Also a little self sufficiency would be nice. There's a few times where he has asked me to get him a bell cart while I am helping guests. He won't get one himself and he knows where they are and has access to them.

Nearly every night he works I get a complaint about him taking too long. There's also been a lot of times I've had a guest ask me if I can wake him up. That's just a little embarrassing. And it seems like I always have to call him on the radio when someone needs him.

No comments: