Friday, July 25, 2008

So the boss says he's going to do something about the excessive tardyness

We'll see. I have my doubts. Not in my boss mind you, but in my co-workers. I'd hate to see people get fired that are otherwise decent workers, but the lateness does weigh on me heavily. Every morning this week we have had a rush on the desk at 7am. With no one but the auditors on staff, that leaves 2 people to perform functions of front desk, bell services, housekeeping and phone operator. All the while with a line forming at the desk. This isn't a daily occurrence, but it happens often enough, especially if there is a high occupancy and/or high check out volume. At 7am we should have a full staff present, clocked in, and ready to work. Not staggering in at 7:10 and still have to get in uniform and do their hair and makeup. This hotel can be quite busy in the morning and not having staff when we are supposed to looks bad at best.

I know we are looking for a desk clerk as it is, I have a feeling we will be looking for more. Maybe a shift supervisor as well. If anyone is interested, you can apply online. It's the Embassy Suites in downtown Tampa. If you don't have the decency or work ethic to show up for work on time, don't bother to apply.

Next time I have a meeting with the general manager I'm going to suggest that we have a houseman start work at 7am, maybe 6 on high volume days. As it is they do not start until 8am.

No comments: