Friday, October 17, 2008

Looking back at the last week of teaching

Oh, wait, it was more like babysitting.

Being a sub it's mostly what I do. I have my concerns for this class. I certainly hope their regular teacher is going to work more with them on the subject of global warming. Watching "The Day After Tomorrow" is not nearly enough. I think grouping the students together on different sides of the issue and having a debate over it would be a better means for the student to learn about it. One class I was covering was doing just that with the creation vs evolution argument. I thought that was pretty cool. And I'm not really bashing the teacher I covered for, she seems pretty good at what she does and I really want to believe that she's going to do more then just have them watch a movie.

All things considered, it wasn't a bad assignment. Though I really miss doing some real teaching. I really need to finish out my degree.

No comments: