Friday, December 19, 2008

I was mentioned in AngelSpit's latest Blipvert

Have a look here.

It made me feel really good to hear her answer my question. I asked "How can I be as beautiful as you?" She always looks amazing. I want to look that good, especially considering in my stage shows I've been known to work with the music of AngelSpit.

When I perform to their music (and it's been forever) I don't try to look like her. I look nothing like her and I know it. However I do try to go for about the same style. One thing I do have to say - I HATE my body. I don't find myself attractive at all. I have worn things that look good on others, but not on me. I like her advice on emphasizing one's good features and being one's self.

So when I return to the stage (after I get some things sorted out), I'm going to return with a better look. Not following trends or totally emulating those I admire but being myself. wearing clothes that actually look good on my body. As it is I'm looking to make the transition from being a typical drag queen that lip syncs and dances to being a musician that just happens to dress in drag. Think Twisted Sister gone industrial/gothic with better makeup.

And like she said at the end of the vid, check out the forum at http://krankhaus.net/forum/



Amelia, if you happen across this, thank you so much!

No comments: