Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hey boss, YOU'RE FIRED!

I really out did myself on my letter of resignation, have a look -

To Whom it May Concern

This current economy has been hard on everyone and has greatly affected me as of late. In recent months the fare for the buses that take me to work have increased and my bicycle has become increasingly more expensive to maintain with the number of miles that are being put on it. The daily commute also consumes a great deal of my time. Time that can be better spent on more productive endeavours. My transportation concerns coupled with an increased cost of living have forced me to make a few adjustments and some very harsh decisions. A reduction in supporting staff, related limitations in the service level that I can offer, and a “be thankful that you still have a job” attitude from the management have all forced me to make this hard decision. I have taken steps to reduce the cost in dollars and time. These steps include securing employment that better meets these needs.

As of two weeks from the date of my writing this, the morning of 02/02/09, I will be terminating Embassy Suites – Downtown Tampa Convention Center as my employer. I do wish the hotel and it's staff luck and prosperity in the future.

Best regards

No comments: