Saturday, May 2, 2009

Love thy neighbor? Love to see them evicted.

I'm going to have a talk with my landlord. I've about had it with these scrubs in the other half of the duplex.

While I was getting ready for work tonight, my power just cut off. Less than a minute later it was back on. I stepped outside to see if there was an obvious problem and it my neighbor's power was out. I find my neighbor's live-in boyfriend out there monkeying around in both my breaker box and his. He was having a problem with his stove and because it didn't shut off when he popped his main breaker, then it must be wired in to mine according to him.

It's not.

The stove is on it's own circuit, separate from the main, just like in my place. I had to reset it for them a few weeks ago. I know it's on a separate breaker, I just don't remember which one. But he wanted to argue with me about it. I didn't have time to jelly-dick around with his bullshit. I just padlocked my breaker box (really fucked up that I had to do that), and left for work. When I was leaving I heard him saying to her that it's on my power. Some people just don't listen and really need to get a clue. She was arguing with him to call the landlord. Had I not been going to work, I would have been talking to the landlord.

And so instead I wait until morning. And if I find that he has done anything to the breaker box when I get home, I'm just calling the police. I'm sick of this shit. Bad enough I had to wrap my outside water taps in duct tape to keep them from stealing water, there's has been off for the last month. She did say she would pay me the difference in the water bill, but I have as much faith in that as I do in the holy spirit. Only reason I have not turned them in for that is because I'm trying not amke their situation any worse. Cut them a break, so to speak. I know they are having troubles. But I think enough is enough. You just go and turn off someone's electric with out saying anything.

I'm feeling a bit like Voltaire in this tune -

No comments: