Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm a little pissed with my former landlord

I called him this morning and left a message, then I went over to the old place to give it a good cleaning as I really didn't have time to yesterday.

when I got home there was a message on the answering machine, telling me he was out of town and that I was supposed to be out on June 30th, but also that he wanted me to leave the key there on the counter with my new address. He's going to be sending me a check for me deposit.

I'm a little annoyed. I said I would be out on the first. I was out on the first. I went back to do some cleaning and return my key. Just as kind of a nice gesture. I couldn't call him on the first because my phone was not hooked up until almost 10 that evening and I thought it might be a little rude to call him that late. Excuse me for trying to be nice.

Him being out of town when he knew I was moving out also got me. I'm not saying he should hold up his travel plans for me, but it would have been nice to contact me prior. I'm not sure when he went away. I didn't see him at all on Tuesday or Wednesday. Which is a bit odd for him considering that he is always there on the first of the month looking for the rent. Also, when my neighbours were leaving, or supposed to be leaving, he was there nearly every day hounding them.

This is a very different case, possibly one he's not used to. I'm moving out on my own, he's not kicking me out. And he's the one that owes me money.

Still, I'm pissed, I need the money. I nearly broke myself moving in here.

No comments: