Sunday, January 31, 2010

The internet is pissing me off, rant #1 - Facebook and other social networking

Aside from getting sick of invites from the stupid apps (really, I don't want to grow virtual vegetables on a virtual farm), there's a few things about Facebook that have really been pissing me off lately.

For starters, why is it that the twitter/facebook app does not always work? Sometimes it gives me an error telling me they haven't got all the kinks out. WTF??? It was just working? Why is it not now?

I'm getting a lot of people I don't know wanting to be my friend. I was kindly messaging them asking who they are and why are they adding me, but I've gone on to just ignoring them. I'm sick of it. Most are using the Friend Finder app. Look folks, if I don't know you personally and you haven't the sense or decency to introduce yourself to me first, I don't want to be your friend. Especially if you are just adding people just to have more people in your list. That's just pointless and a waste of mine and your time. If you are validating your existence by the number of people in your friends list, please fucking kill yourself, now. Nobody cares about the number of people you have in your list that don't know you from Adam (who the fuck is Adam anyway?). Cut it out. Grow the fuck up.

People that I have never met before that just up and contact me with messages like "Hey Cutie!" really piss me off. Usually this is someone from the middle east. WTF? I wonder how much attention they actually pay to what little they can see of my facebook profile. Yes, I know, I look pretty cute in my picture. But the name "Charles" should clue you in on something. And really that's about all they can see. Which is pretty funny actually. I mean I'm picturing these guys back home talking to their friends. "Hey I just hit up this girl on facebook." What's her name?" "Charles." I think you get the point. Seriously though, it's not cool to contact people on the other side of the planet at random with messages like "hey cutie." Besides, I'm in a relationship and quite happy about it. Is there an option to make that public so Muhammad and Abdul can leave me alone? With names like that and living in the middle east, they probly shouldn't be flirting with a tranny.

Suggestions! I fucking hate this feature. Seriously. I don't care who my friends are friends with. Or what they are a fan of. Or what group they just joined. Or that they don't have enough pictures. Or that I haven't written on their wall lately. Go fuck yourself. How people waste their time is their business, not mine.

The fucking notifications box! Ever have like a lot of notifications and when you click on the little box in the corner the list goes off your screen and you can't get to the top? WTF??? And stop it with the notifications for shit I don't use!

No comments: