Saturday, September 11, 2010

One pastor decides not to burn Qurans today, other's might though.

Rev Terry Jones has decided to cancel the Quran burning planned for today. He's gone to NYC to have a meeting with those in charge of the mosque being built near Ground Zero. I'm not sure what if anything he hopes to accomplish, but he says he's trying to persuade them not to build it.

Well good for him. That's a lot more civil than burning Qurans. I'm glad to see he came around.

Wish I could say the same for others.

The Phelpses of Westboro Baptist plan on burning Qurans and American flags today. I'm not surprised really. Heck if they would have announced that a few weeks ago, the publicity could have been all theirs.

Pastor Adam Briggs of Damascus Road Bible Fellowship is still voicing his support for burning Qurans, along with other books as well. This guy has some serious issues. I think he actually gets off on burning books.

Both Phelps and Briggs are total fucking douchebags that are an embarrassment to the human race as a whole. I've had my run-ins with Briggs before, he's a whack-job if I ever saw one.

But enough about those scum. This is not a day for their self-righteous attention whoring. This is a day for those who died to be remembered. A day for those in our military to be thanked and honoured. A day to show those that attacked us that we remained strong.

Rogue chose this song to honour those in the military the last time I saw the Crüxshadows, I can't think of a better song.

No comments: