Saturday, November 27, 2010

I has a new Laptop

And I'm typing this blog on it now.

It's a Toshiba Satellite L675D. Here's what it looks like on Toshiba's website.

Mine has a few Angelspit stickers on it and I only paid $499 for it at Office Depot's Black Friday sale. The folks there were pretty nice too. They had donuts and bottled water for those of us waiting in line. And all I had to do is just go up to the register, tell them what I wanted, they sent someone to grab it. Door opened at 6:00, I was out of there with a new laptop in hand by 6:05.

I set this one up differently from my Dell. My Dell only had linux. It came with Vista, I hated it. The drive got wiped and I installed linux and never looked back. Well not until I tried installing games on it and ran into compatibility issues. Seriously, when you have to recompile the kernel, edit several text files, tweak a virtual windows registry, apply several patches, sacrifice a virgin, do a voodoo dance, and offer up your own soul in eternal damnation just to get one game to run, you start to reconsider things. Now can someone pass me the goat's blood? I need a virgin to masturbate in it so I can play Minecraft, the penguin said so.

So I have Windows on here for playing games and Kubuntu linux installed on a small partition for everything else. So far I'm liking it this way.

And aside from being able to play games once again at work, I'll be able to type my book instead of hand writing it. I type faster than I write. It's easier for everyone else to read too.

That's about it for now.

No comments: