Monday, January 10, 2011

Multi-rant


It's time for me once again to bitch about things that are at best annoying me. I might get a little offensive, you have been warned.

Who's gay? Who isn't? Who gives a shit?
So I was in the local K-Mart the other day and at the checkout I noticed the latest issue of the National Enquirer. The big headline was “Who's Gay? Who Isn't?” and plastered all over the cover was pictures of various celebrities looking their gayest. Who cares? Really? Who gives a shit? I know this is the Enquirer, but still, why is this news? Call me silly, but maybe if the media didn't make a big deal about this, it wouldn't be a big deal. Just a thought. I don't know about you, but if I like an actor or a musician or some other famous person, I like them for their work or their art. Their sexual preference is none of my concern.

And Speaking Of K-Mart.
Ever bought food from the grocery store section of one? Don't, it's grossly overpriced. Seriously. I've seen things at the K-Mart near my apartment that are priced at twice what they charge for the exact same thing at the Wal-Mart across the street. Maybe they could charge lower prices if they didn't give you a 2 foot long receipt. Just a thought.

I haven't really bitched about my Job lately.
What am I at this point? 9? 10 days into a 12 day week? Something like that. Still haven't had a day off. Looking forward to the next paycheck. It's been nearly 2 years with out a review or a raise. Maybe I should say something. I think I've gone beyond proving my worth. Then again, maybe I should move on. I have to admit I got a little peeved the other day when I had to deal with 2 housekeepers that between them didn't know enough English to tell me they needed the lobby attendant keys. I don't speak Spanish and I flat out refuse to while I am on American soil, especially to someone who is living and working here. My great-grandparents came here from Italy 100 years ago on a boat. They learned English and they did it with a lot less in the way of resources that what is available today. No excuses.

Did you hear about the PC version of Huck Finn?
As in politically correct? Yeah they replaced a certain word in it to make it less offensive. Oddly enough it's the same word that's pretty acceptable to use in hip-hop music. Yeah, I know, different context, different intent. Still, while it's not a word I like and try to avoid using, it's usage is an accurate reflection of when the book was written. I think the censorship of the book is rather silly. In fact, I find censorship and political correctness offensive. Therefore both should be removed from everyday life.

Is there anything else that's making me cranky?
I think I've run out of stuff to bitch about. Can I be cranky about that? I thought there was something else I wanted to say, but I guess not. I wonder if my co-workers still read this. I should post something here to add to the rumour mill. You know, just for my own entertainment.

No comments: