Saturday, April 23, 2011

You are just doing that to get a reaction

So I bought a new pair of gloves for riding my bike. Pretty nice, fingerless, leather palmsides with gel pads and spandex outers. They look kinda plain though. They need something. Spikes. Pyramid studs. Aluminium bits. Perspex. LED's. Something. What ever it is that I adorn them with, I'm only doing it to get a reaction.

Same goes for when I dress in all black, dye my hair in odd, bright, unnatural colours, dress in drag, whatever. I'm just doing it to get a reaction.

Or I'm just doing it to get attention.

Is it just me or does such a notion seem just absurd at best? I have been hearing this sort of thing for quite some time, usually spouted out by conservative windbags. The more conservative they are, the more insistent they are that this is exactly what I am doing. And of course I know that they are right, even when I correct them and inform them that such is regular attire. It's how I normally dress. No, still doing it to get a reaction.

What do they think I'm doing? Conducting some sort of a social experiment or something?

And you are trying to get a reaction too. And you know it. Anyone else get accused of this? Anyone care to explain the reasoning behind this accusation?

No comments: