Saturday, May 21, 2011

Oh come on, it's not like it's the end of the world. Oh wait....

So May 21, 2011, which is very soon at the time of writing this, is going to be the rapture. You know, the day Jesus comes down and picks up his faithful followers and the rest of us get 5 months of Hell on Earth until the Judgement Day.

Hell on Earth? I don't know about you, but a world with out puritans, fundamentalists, evangelicals and Bible thumpers sounds pretty sweet. Can they take the other religious fundamentalists as well? Just leave the planet to the atheists, agnostics, heathens, pagans, satanists and whatever else is left and after we are done looting, we will straighten this planet right out. Seriously, think of all the problems that religious fundamentalism has caused. No think of a world with out it.

That being said, I want it to happen. Heck I want to be able to walk down the street in my best drag or whatever the fuck I feel like wearing that day and not have to worry about if I'm going to be attacked or told I'm a pervert or something. I want to be able to enjoy all the legal benfits of marriage with whomever I choose to marry regardless of gender. I want science to progress unchallenged and unrestricted. I want education not to be determined by what Bronze Age myths conflict with it. I want to experience freedom. Real freedom. Freedom from the medling of religious fundamentalists.

Or better yet, I want people to realize there is no god. There will be no rapture. No judgement. No Heaven. No Hell. Push all this aside and work for the betterment of the human race.

Yeah, like that is ever going to happen....

No comments: