Sunday, July 21, 2013

So I need a little advice

Seriously help me out here.

I have a re-occurring problem at my work. 

One that makes me have to do considerably more work.

One that has been brought up to management multiple times. 

One that could be resolved through certain people being properly trained, paying attention to details, and caring enough to do their job right. While I am aware that part of my job as an auditor is to correct errors made by the desk clerks, I see part of that as bringing it to the attention the management and desk clerks when it is re-occurring. When you fix the same problem multiple times every night, it's not a random mistake. It's god damn training issue, or someone not paying attention, or someone not giving a shit. Maybe a combination of those. It's not just one person doing this either.

I'm not sure where the root of the problem is - management or the desk clerks. 

Bringing this up to the management again, I feel, is going to be a waste of my time at best.

So where do I go from here? I still have yet to find another job, though when I do, I want to cite this as one of the many reasons.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Bring it to management. Ask for the permission to follow up on your own accord in your own management capacity if they are unable or unwilling to resolve the issue. Wait 2 weeks and check with them again, if there is no movement on it follow up with the person required and take the time whenever it is available for re-training of the person in question.

Unknown said...

It's already been brought to the front desk manager. I guess I could bring it to the GM and while I'm at it offer to take it upon myself to train the desk clerks on this matter. That could make me look good and them look bad. I'm pretty OK with that.