Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hotel guests say the damnedest things

And so do I.

Tonight I'll try to keep track of it all.

Smoker lady: Do y'all have matches?
Me: No
Smoker lady: So you are going to make me pay $2 for a lighter?
Me: Well I don't have one to spare since I quit smoking.


Guy with munchies: Is there a snack machine?
Me: No, but the gift shop is still open.
Guy with munchies: Are you sure?
Me: They are open until midnight, it's not quite 11 yet. It's right over here, have a look.
Guy with munchies: And you are sure it's open? (not even looking yet)
Me: Well if it's not open I have to be angry at somebody for closing early.


Shaking guy: Do you have a bathroom on this floor
Me: Yes
~short pause~
Shaking guy: Where is it?
Me: Right over there. (Pointing in general direction of bathroom)


Hungry guest on phone: When does your room service stop?
Me: 11pm (11:30pm when he called)
Hungry guest on phone: So I can't get any food sent up to my room?
Me: There's a few pizza deliveries that run late, I can give you their numbers and I have menus at the desk.
Hungry guest on phone: So I have to call somewhere outside?
Me: Yes sir.
Hungry guest on phone: There's nothing open in the hotel?
Me: The Starbuck's is open.
Hungry guest on phone: Do they deliver?
Me: No sir.
Hungry guest on phone: So you can't help me?
Me: I've done all I can to help you, if you like I can connect you to a pizza delivery.
Hungry guest on phone: I don't want that, I want (starts reading items off the room service menu)
Me: Sir is that the room service menu you are reading from?
Hungry guest on phone: Yes
Me: Can you read to me what it says next to hours at the top?
Hungry guest on phone: 11am to 11pm
Me: Thank you sir, do you know what time it is?
Hungry guest on phone:(hangs up)


Domino's Guy: What's the phone number here, I don't think I have the right one.
Me: Hold on, I need to look it up.
Domino's Guy: You don't know the number to where you work?
Me: I never call here.


Food and beverage manager: Why is Starbuck's open?
Me: Starting yesterday they are open until 2am on Friday and Saturday
Food and beverage manager: Why?
Me: Because the biggest complaint from the guests is that the restaurant closes at 11.


Concerned Guest: I'm sorry to bother you
Me: It's what I'm here for.


Giggling drunk girl on phone: I want to order 4 large pizzas!
Me: So call the pizza delivery (Someone from the same room came down and got menus earlier)


Very lost and confused guest: Where's the front desk?
Me: Right here.


Guest with a cell phone in his ear: You know the area area code here
Me: 813
Guest with a cell phone in his ear: No I mean the zip code
Me: 33602
Guest with a cell phone in his ear: (to person on phone) 337...
Me: (shaking head then talking slow like he's mentally impaired) 3...3...6...0...2

No comments: