Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hotel ranting

I used to want to work my way up to being a front office manager.

Here's an instance that makes me reconsider that, it happened last night. I was in the back office working on the audit while the other auditor was at the desk. An angry guest came up to the desk demanding to see the manager. Luckily the Assistant Front Office Manager was still there. So he dealt with it, not me. Good thing, I wouldn't have been able to hold myself. She was complaining because while she was out with her boyfriend, her daughters left the room and couldn't get back in. They left their keys in the room. When the daughters went to the desk to get another key, they couldn't because the only name on the room was the mother's boyfriend. The girls tried to call their mother and ended up waiting out front. That's what she was having a fit about. They were out front. According to her, the hotel was irresponsible because we let them go out front while she was out with her boyfriend. Yes, you read that right. The hotel was irresponsible, not her. BTW, the girls were 13 and 15, wearing more makeup than what I wear when I perform and dressed like they were going to a night club.

All the manager did was apologize profusely, like it really was our fault. I would have been inclined to tell her to do her daughters a favor and drop them off at an orphanage then do society a favor and do a swan dive off the 20th floor balcony.

Another story. Earlier tonight, right after the gift shop closed, a guest came tot he desk looking for aspirin. I cannot give that out and with the gift shop closed the only option for her is the Walgreen's about 3/4 of a mile away. I was showing her on a map how to get there and she got really frustrated. "I'm fat and you are treating this like it's a hop, skip and a jump." I was having trouble finding the sympathy. It might have something to do with the fact that I just rode a bike 22 miles to get to work and passed the Walgreen's right before I got here. I'm no lightweight. It's less than a mile, it is a "hop, skip and jump." Fat, whiny fucking maggot. I kindly pointed out that there are taxis out front.

In the upside, a guest needed a few bottles of water. I got them from the restaurant for him. When I brought them to him, he said that he had recently come into a large sum of money and is not normally this generous, then handed me $20. w00t! $20 and I didn't have to do anything that would make me feel cheap and dirty.

Actually I never feel cheap and dirty.

No comments: