Friday, October 24, 2008

But what about your friends?

All my life I have had a preference toward small 2-door cars and sports cars. And every now and then I'll get asked "but what about your friends?" Today one of my students brought up that they saw me riding a bike. I said that I didn't have a car but would soon have one of those new Smart cars. Then another student chimed in with "but what about your friends?"

My answer has never changed. I buy cars for me, not other people. My friends can get their own cars, I'm not running a taxi service. Seriously. I'm not married, have no kids, live alone. I don't need anything bigger that a small economy car. Most of the time I spend driving, it's just me in the car. I know I sound at least a little selfish, but I don't care. For me a small car is the way to go.

No comments: