Sunday, October 26, 2008

I think I need to find a new job

Not the teaching, this damn hotel I work at.

The lack of communication here is ridiculous at best. It almost seems like efforts are being made to keep me totally in the dark on damn near everything. I'm made to look foolish and useless because I'm being told nothing. Seriously, why is this so difficult to let me know when things change or to pass on important information? I'm so sick of this bullshit. I even brought it up at the last meeting I had with the General Manager. In fact that meeting I was unaware of until I got told by the GM to see him in his office. I thought I was being fired. I'm not saying I need to know every little thing, but I at least need to know what is important to effectively do my job.

Speaking of communication, the walkie-talkies we have here are not working right. This has been ongoing for months and not resolved.

The security monitors are broken, have been for the past month. Who knows when they will be fixed. The backup tape drive on the server has been broken for the past month too. Not that either of those are of any importance.

Sales managed to once again overbook the hotel. The night shift rushed out of here and left work for us. The morning shift is most likely to be late. I have one valet guy on at the moment who is about as slow as it gets. It's pretty regular to have lines forming at both the front and rear of the hotel. I have a drawer with supplies for the guests, it's been needing to be restocked for some time. I have asked the day shift to take care of it and tey never did. If I have time tonight I guess I should.

And if the Food & Beverage manager comes to me again looking for his bartenders (happens every time they decide to go out after work) I'll refuse to be held responsible for my actions.

No comments: