Friday, October 31, 2008

Sometimes I think I'd like being a sub better

The kids are always all too happy to see me.

And they say I'm cooler than their regular teachers. I've never been too sure how to take that. I accept it as a compliment, but I'm not here to be their friend or be popular with them. In the popularity contest that was high school, I had my time.

Still feels pretty good I have to admit. Honestly though I feel my best when I see the learning process happen. When I show them how something is done and the are able to do it for themselves. Even better when they get all happy about learning something new. I just saw it happen in the Geometry class that I'm covering today with one student that was struggling. Doubt became confidence, pretty amazing thing to witness.

No comments: