Saturday, December 13, 2008

So I got to see Iron Man, and taxpayers paid me to do it.




First let me thank TheologyOnline's own Lighthouse for being the only comic book geek introverted enough to correct me on it being 2 words instead of 1.

Moving on, the viewing of Iron Man was on the agenda given to me by the teacher I was covering for yesterday. I was pretty much babysitting the students that didn't go on the field trip scheduled. Pretty easy day for me. I will say this, I could have done with out watching the first 50 minutes of it 6 times. But I did stay after school to watch the end. Don't worry, I'm not paid by the hour.

I have to say, great movie. I'm not one for movies that are loaded with CGI and effects, but this one had plenty of action and a plot. I was also pleased to see that, though it was modernized, they did stay very true to the comic book. It's a thing with me, I get rather annoyed when filmmakers don't stay true to what ever they are basing the movie off of.

I'm not sure if it was the most appropriate movie. More entertaining then something educational, but this is a school they are supposed to be educated, not entertained. Unless both can be pulled off at the same time.

No comments: