Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sometimes I think it was wrong of me to go to a job fair

I went Tuesday morning. I think in this economy, I should be thankful to have not one, but 2 jobs. But I'm not happy with one of them and looking for something closer to home. Job fairs I have been to in the past made me feel at least somewhat optimistic. Lots of employers and not very crowded. This one was different. Severely crowded. Not many businesses there either. 3 schools more interested in recruiting students. Army, Navy and FBI recruiters were present. There was only 4 businesses looking to hire. I overheard a lot of people talking about how they haven't worked in months. I almost feel as if I would be taking a job away from somebody that needs one if I were hired on. As it is, one of the schools did seem interested in me. Then again, if I was hired by one of those places there, that would make my position at the hotel available.

So was it wrong of me to go there? Should I just be content with what I have?

No comments: