Monday, December 22, 2008

Twas the night before my birthday

Who the fuck says "twas"?

Anyway, AC/DC is in town. The hotel I work at is full of people that went to the concert. The concert let out at about 10:30pm. At that point there's a shit ton of people in the lobby and calling the desk. Every last one of them looking for food. The restaurant did something I felt was beyond stupid. They stopped taking orders at 10:30. They normally close at 11pm. This becomes quite annoying for me. Part because I have people complaining to me, part because they could stand to make a considerable amount of revenue if they would have stayed open until about 1am. But what the hell do I know? They are laying off people in every department, whining about the budget, then they don't jump on an opportunity. Thankfully the local pizza deliveries were a lot smarter. So all the money the hotel's restaurant would have made went to them. Seemed like every time a delivery person was here they had 3 or 4 orders with them. And they were here more times than I can think to count.

At about midnight we had a domestic dispute. My co-worker handled that with security. Meanwhile I'm running around at the desk checking people in and taking phone calls. Just me. Total madhouse. Got bitched by one of my card people. Diamond status. He's going to complain to corporate, I hope he does.

Here's some AC/DC for ya, just seems fitting.



Highway to Hell - AC/DC


And a more fitting song by Flogging Molly

Flogging Molly


I think I'm going to get a 6 pack of Smirnoff Ice when I get off work. I need it.

No comments: