Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm pissed with Serfas, therefore I complain about them publically

I spent most of today hunting for a taillight for my bike. I should have just gone to the local bike shop, that's where I ended up anyway.

I got what I thought was a pretty nice taillight. Well, I'll let the complaint to Serfas, the manufacturer tell the tale.

Today I purchased a Serfas TL-1000 taillight for my bike. I just got home and attempted to install it. As I was tightening the seat post bracket, the bracket snapped. The other bracket that came with the light is useless as it does not fit on the rear triangle or on any other part of my bike. Also the batteries that were supplied were nearly dead.

I'm more than just dissatisfied. I need to have a taillight on my bike, it is required by law. I ride my bike to work nearly every night. Not having a taillight puts me at a legal risk as well as a safety risk. I broke the cheap light I had and purchased your product to replace it thinking it was better. Now I am right back to where I was, minus $15.99 + tax.


I have to say, I'm rather pissed. I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow morning. I hope I don't get a ticket tonight. Yes cops around here pull you over and write you tickets for that.

No comments: