Monday, April 27, 2009

Hotel advice: I'll rip your spleen out and feed it to you edition

Just a few do's and don't's, mostly don't's

When walking in to a hotel with out a reservation, don't immediately stick you frequent stay program card in the face of the desk guy and say "I need a room." Especially if you are a bottom tier member that just got your card. You are not a big shot of any kind, and even if you are, acting like one gets on anyone's nerves real quick. It's all too easy for me to tell you that the hotel is sold out or to charge you the highest rate I have for the most expensive room and tell you it's the only room available. I'm just a rotten bitch that way. Also if you do decide to stick your card in my face, don't at any point be so brazen to say "Hook a brother up." At that point I'd like to put you on a meat hook.

Don't give a gift card when asked for a credit card. This should be common sense. Gift cards and credit cards are not the same thing. If it doesn't have your name on it and I can't get an imprint of it, forget it. I have never worked for a hotel that would accept one for a room. Also, if said gift card hjas a limit printed on it that is less than the room rate quoted, it's going to be really hard for me not to laugh in your face.

Don't argue when I say something is a hotel policy. Realize this whether it is a real policy or not, when I say hotel policy I mean this is not up for discussion. Telling me they do it somewhere else means nothing. I don't give a shit. It's like a little kid whining to his mother because his friend's parents let him get away with something. Moreso, if I say that I would be putting my job on the line, end it right there. Get a clue, I'm not getting myself fired for you.

Don't threaten the desk clerk. Look we take a lot of bullshit as it is, you thinking you have enough authority to will the management into firing us is laughable. And if it's the night auditor you are threatening, you get nowhere. As an auditor, I have to fail on a pretty epic level to be fired in the first place. You whining to anyone when I really did follow policy gets you nothing. And do you really think being a bottom tier frequent stay member gets you anything in this situation? Try harder. Even a top level member has to have a pretty major problem to get anyone fired, especially an auditor. About the only thing you get is mocked in my blog. Think about that and be thankful I don't give names and membership numbers.

Do be respectful when we ask you to keep it down. Chances are I just had someone bitch at me about you. I don't care how much money you or the people in your party spent, it does not give you the right to wake everyone else up. Nor to I care why you are here. It is no more or less important than why anyone else is here. Shut the fuck up, you don't own the place and I will not hesitate to have you evicted. Don't fucking think about trying me, I have thrown a bride and groom and their family out on their wedding night.

Do realize that when you rent a banquet hall you are renting the space inside it only, not the whole hotel. Unless your party has booked every room in the entire hotel, we need you to be respectful of other guests. You are not the only group of people here.

Don't say you don't care about the other guests. You will find out how fast I don't care about you and I will actively look for a reason to evict you.

the first 4 actually pertain to one person, the last ones pertain to another.

No comments: