Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And so I have written a letter to WND

I'm finding myself to be extremely annoyed with the lies they are spreading about the hate crimes bill. Here's what I had to say -

Subject: I'm quite disturbed at the references being made to HR 1913.


"The Pedophile Protection Act" as it is being referred to on your site. I suggest you read the actual text of the bill, here is an address to find it -

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1913

In no place in the text of the bill is the word pedophile being used. In no way does it legalize or protect pedophilia. What the bill does do is attach a stiffer penalty to violent crimes that are motivated by hate and prejudice. This bill is not limited to sexual preference and gender identity, but also extends to race, color, religion, national origin and disability. Which means it also protects Christians from having violent crimes committed against them. And that's all it is about is violent crimes. In no sense is it going to put you in jail for what you say or what you think.

I want to bring this to your attention as I know quite a few people that consider WND to be a source of truth and yet what is being presented on this matter is anything but. I do understand you beliefs tell you that that homosexuality is immoral. I am not arguing that nor am I suggesting you stifle that. I am, however, suggesting that you fight and honest fight. If spreading you beliefs are part of your agenda, that's cool. Spreading lies to further your agenda isn't. I want to believe you are better than that.

In closing I do want you to know that I will be spreading what I have communicated to you through every means I have available to me. This include publicly posting it in the blog that I keep at http://persephone66.blogspot.com/


I never in any sense considered WND to be a reliable souce of news, not even close. I do know some fundamentalists that believe it like its the Gospel. Here is a link to one of their reports where that are bombarding the Senate with their hate and lies -
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97238

Here's another telling of the deviancy they think it promotes.
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97957

Finally here is a copy of the bill itself.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1913

I urge anyone reading this that agrees with this bill to contact your senator and spread the word. I guess I could resort to stooping to WND's level and refer to them as bigots, racists and gay-bashers, but I don't know how true that may or may not be.

No comments: