Saturday, July 4, 2009

I think I understand what his problem is.

I was thinking about this on the way to work today.

So Curtis has decided to continue his argument with me. Amusing. More amusing is that he has a friend joining him in the battle. Wow, 2 fundamentalist tough guys ganging up on me. That's almost flattering. But I think I know what the real issue they have with me is. Now I could be completely wrong, but it would seem to me that I'm really throwing a monkeywrench into their agenda.

Think about it. On the surface I'm a great target for them. I'm a teacher that happens to be bi and a drag queen. Sounds just like the kind of person they want to speak out against, am I right? These are fundies I'm dealing with here. Now here's the problem - I really do care about the kids that come into my classroom. That doesn't fit into their agenda. I would never harm a child in any way. That doesn't fit their agenda. I'm not in it for the money, which should be obvious, teacher pay sucks. Another thing that doesn't fit their agenda. I don't bring any social/political agenda into the classroom. Awww shit, there goes another thing that dos not fit their agenda.

They would like to have the whole world believe that all teachers are like the ones that are in the news stories on their blog. Idiots, paedophiles and other social rejects that even I will say had no business in the classroom. That helps push their anti-public school agenda. But I don't really help much with that, now do I? I think anyone that has actually gotten to know me would say not only do I belong in the classroom, there needs to be more teachers like me. Am I right?

But these guy didn't bother with getting to know me and instead ran wild with assumptions and accusations that very nicely fit into their agenda. In their mind, they have already condemned me. They will resort to lying if need be to keep me that way. I know they will. Ironically, they will label their lies "The Truth."

I know not what he is going to say next, I'm not sure if I even care, but I'll bet it will be chock full of word twists, lies, half-truths, false accusations with God being mentioned to justify it all.

I think Voltaire's "God Thinks" is in order here.


God Thinks - Voltaire

No comments: