Monday, July 6, 2009

Not really eventful day, but some things are on my mind

Got up this evening and hit the fitness center for an hour. Had a pretty good work out. I'm going to continue to do this every day. Saw some of the other tenants there. They all seemed like nice people. Property manager was getting a workout there too. Cool. I'd like to meet more people in the complex.

On my way to the bus stop, I stopped at the K-mart to pick up something to eat while at work. Got a little annoyed at the cashier when I was told that next time I have to leave my backpack at the counter. They said it's for their protection to keep things from being stolen from the store. I told her I like to keep it on me for my protection from things being stolen out of it. Seriously, I keep my laptop and my MP3player in there and I am not about to have either disappear in the care of K-mart employees. Besides I keep my money in there, so that's rather inconvenient for them. And finally, no other stores want to hold on to my bag, why does Kmart?

While waiting for the bus there was a few people their that were pretty downtrodden. At least one of them did have a place, I'm not sure about the others. They kept asking me for change and cigarettes. I'm once again attempting to quit smoking, so no cigs. I don't really have the money for them and I really should quit anyway. The fact that they jacked up the taxes on them again is enough to make me not want to smoke. If it's not obvious, I didn't give them any money either, though when the bus came I did pass another guy a quarter that came up a little short on bus fare. Another thing about these people, they has some items that they were taking to the stores (there's a Walmart across from the Kmart)to be returned. No receipts for the items though. I guessed they were stolen or bought somewhere else at a discounted price. They were even joking with each other about what excuse they were going to use for the receipt.

In my browsing of the different blogs I read, I noticed that a fundie pastor pulled his dick out of a choir boy long enough to put words in my mouth in response to some comments we have been throwing back and forth at each other. His actions remind me of something Voltaire was talking about in his most recent blog. It amuses me how quick people are to pass judgement on someone they know little about. And, yes, the reference above was an example of that.

At this point I'm expecting to have a long, boring night ahead of me. I think I'll do some writing and some design work.

No comments: