Saturday, July 11, 2009

So after a week in the new place

Life is pretty good and my finances are starting to find their way back on track. I've still got a lot of stuff in boxes but I have started decorating. I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of purple and black. Just what I'm seeing now.

My old landlord still has not paid me back my deposit. Last time I spoke to him was Wednesday. He was still out of town. Said he would be back in town on Thursday and would be checking the apartment and mailing my check then. I'm going to give him a call in the next day or 2 and see what the status is.

My laptop has been down. The AC adapter has been giving me trouble for a while, it finally died out totally. I bought a new one today. The good news is I have a laptop with a fully charged battery. The bad is that replacing it didn't cure the video problems I'm having and I have a feeling it's going to be the motherboard. So much for my idea that they were the result of an underpowered vid card. :(

To keep my sanity on the past 2 days I've had off, I've been working out in the fitness center and doing lots of design work on my DragonCon costumes. Most stuff is drawn, next is patterns, schematics and a materials list.

No comments: