Sunday, July 12, 2009

Worried about my mother and my old landlord, the electric company and mother nature have all pissed me off

Was over at my parents' house today working on replacing a fence that is taking me weeks to get done, but that part is another story. While I was there, my mom was under a lot of stress. Most of it from my father. He won't do anything for himself, expects my mother to do everything. It's getting to the point where it's driving her crazy. Literally. She seemed pretty lost and confused. To the point where she didn't even know what day it was. I helped her as much as I could. tried to get her to just relax while I took care of things. Meanwhile my dad kept calling her to do more for him. Ugh. He really needs to go into a nursing home. Not just because he's driving my mom nuts making her do everything and being a total selfish ass about it. But also because he does have some health issues that warrant constant attention. Some of which would require less attention if he would just take better care of himself. He needs to go in a home and she needs a vacation. The last time I spoke to her, she was feeling better. Resting a bit helped.

I finally got my deposit back from my old landlord, minus $160. $60 of that was because I actually moved out on the first, which I told him I was going to do, and I went back on the second to clean the place. If that's not enough, he took out $100 because he had to call a plumber and also because the tub was full of shit, literally. That tub was clean when I left, I made sure of that. There were pictures included with the check and the letter he sent me detailing what he found. It looks to me like in the time between I moved out and he came and inspected, a week, the sewer backed up into the tub. That happened once before, a few months after I moved in. And me and the landlord were plungering the toilet and tub drain hardcore. He was trying his damnedest then not to have to call a plumber. In the last few weeks I lived there the drains were slower and noisier than usual. Another thing he said in the letter was that the drains were plugged with hair. For anyone reading this that has never seen me out of drag, I shave the sides and back of my head. What is left on top is currently at the longest it has been in 2 years, almost shoulder length. How the hell did my hair clog a sewer line??? Total bullshit and big surprise when I called him, I got his voicemail.

He's trying to screw me here, no lube or even a reach around. I'm at odds with taking him to court over this, if it would even be worth it. Is there anything else I could do? Legally that is. Anyone I can go to? I can produce a witness on the tub. A friend of mine did help me move.

The next shocker (yeah bad pun) in the mail today was my electric bill. There was a balance forward of $200. I'd really like to know why but that won't happen until Monday. I had $180 left on my deposit before I moved, what happened to that?

Finally, while I was at my parents' house, I was putting up a fence that I have been working on for a few weeks. at this point I had everything done but the gate. It's going to be 2 gates this time, not one big one like they had. Should be easier for my mom to open and close. I got one gate up then it started to down pour. The weather has been something I have been fighting against with this entire project. I know there isn't much I can do about it, but it still pisses me off.

No comments: