Monday, September 21, 2009

Free Wi-Fi at the bus terminal is cool, people that bother you are not

While I was typing the previous blogs, I was at the bus terminal waiting for the bus. There's a few unsecured wireless networks I can connect to, one is provided by the bus company. I have, in the past, sent complaints to them on their own network.

More often than not, when I pull out the laptop, someone bothers me. Sometimes more than one. One time I actually had a crowd form around me. I don't get it. I don't live in the most industrialized town, but it's not out in the woods either. My laptop gets me a lot of unwanted attention. I just want to type stuff and pass the time. I really wish people would leave me alone. And there's always some nitwit that has to ask "Are you on Myspace?" I don't know if they are asking me that to be funny, if they are serious, or if they need more random weirdos they met at the bus terminal in their friends list. I just answer "no" and get back to what ever I was doing. Nothing against myspace, just some of the people that use it.

But what's with these people that bother me? It would be one thing if they were asking me questions about the laptop itself, instead they ask stupid questions. Or they get all nosey about what I'm doing. Seriously, what the fuck is that? What business is it of anyone's what I am doing with my laptop? That's just annoying and pretty damn rude, more so if they are trying to look at the screen.

Maybe I should just keep the damned thing in my backpack.

No comments: