Thursday, September 10, 2009

Post-DragonCon

First thing I want to say is that due to my camera being a piece of crap, there are no pictures. Sorry. :(


It was a crazy, wild weekend. A bit of a comedy of errors at some points, but some serious good times. Saw some old friends, made some new.


The fairy wings were a big hit, literally. I think I swatted most people at the con with them. The plan for next year is smaller wings. I did find this pic of the Cruxshadows Fairies in the parade.

That's me with the red hair, red wings and really tall boots. Those were one of the smaller wings and even at that they were still knocking people around.

Shoes that were slightly more comfortable would have been a good idea too. 5" Stilettos and 6" "slut boots"will destroy your feets after a while.
The Cruxshadows put on an awesome show. Being one of their fairies this year, I also spent a good portion of the Con hanging out with them and also go to have lunch with them on Sunday. If you ever get a chance to see them, go. DragonCon, BTW, it THE place to see them. In addition to being a great band, they are some of the nicest and most down to Earth people I have ever met. They also released a new single at DragonCon, Quicksilver. Great tune. I bought the single. You should too. You can get it on Amazon. Seriously, it rocks, get yourself a copy.
Ayria also put on a great show at DragonCon. This was her first DragonCon, but I think she's going to be back. She seemed pretty blown away by the whole event. I hope to see her there again.
As always, the costuming was just awesome. It never ceases to amaze me what some people can pull off.
I've got some plans for next year's Dragoncon. New wings, ones that colapse. I really like the designs found here. I think I can build something like that. I like the accessories found on that site too and I wants some cool stuffs to wear to the rave. The same stuffs I can also wear to the clubs.
I had a great time, another DragonCon down, another one to wait for.

No comments: