Friday, September 11, 2009

A few new goals

For starters, this will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.




It's not the Wood or the Keebler that I really want, but Yamaha electrics rock. And if they are good enough for the Crüxshadows, I don't think I'm in a position to argue.

In the meantime, I'm going to be practicing more on my current violin.

Here's why -

I want to take my stage performance a step further. As it is, the next time I go on stage, when ever that is, I will be singing from that point on. No more of this lip syncing bullshit. I never really did that anyway. I usually sang along with whatever I was performing to. It's time I take the mic. Time I do what I have been wanting to do for a long time. Time I show off the fact that I have talents.

The next step from that is going to have my violin accompany me on stage. Even if the song I'm playing is someone else's and did not originally include a violin. I'm going write a part. Or improvise one.

It's just the way I want to do things. To set myself apart. To stand out. To be something more. I think this could also open the door for me to cover music I really enjoy and may even make the audience more open to it. By no means do I plan on claiming anyone's work as my own, but I am hoping that they may warm up to it being played live rather than recorded. Ultimately, I'd like to walk out on stage, say something like "This is a tune by my good friends, The Crüxshadows!" then tear it up on stage with a cover of Deception or Marilyn, My Bitterness. Further down the line, I'd like to be playing something I wrote, but that will all come in time.

Want to help? Well I to have the tip jar on here on my blog (You are reading this on blogspot and not on facebook, right?) and on myspace. However, I am not one to look for a hand out. What would be a lot cooler is if every once and again you click the google ads on this blog. And get others to do the same. Something else that would be just totally rockin' is if I can have more people come see me when I am performing. Most of the shows I do are amateur shows where the winners are determined by the crowd. I need more people in the crowd.

So that's what's on my mind lately. Tell me what you think!

No comments: