Sunday, November 8, 2009

Some people are just fucking despicable

I'm not sure how else to describe it. I feel like I should have done something. But my options were limitted and I doubt my saying something would have done anything. If I had a cell phone, I would not have hesitated to call the police. I didn't really have time to run to a pay phone.

Here's what happened. While I was waiting for the bus, a woman and her son came to the stop and sat down. Judging by their bags it looked like they were shopping at the local K-mart and Wal-Mart. Really no big deal until the boy runs off and comes back with a board game in it's box. I wasn't paying that close attention. Kathy was at the stop with me and we were talking about stuff, mostly Warhammer 40K stuff. We started paying closer attention and saw that they went from the bus stop to the drop containers for the local Goodwill and Salvation Army that were nearby and proceeded to loot them. I was a bit shocked. I could see a kid that didn't know any better doing this, but an adult? A parent? Really What they fuck!?!?!?!?!?

And after they were don't looting one, they just when on to the next, their bags from the stores getting more full. They even grabbed a TV. They loaded it and the rest of the loot in a shopping cart and took off. At that point they were across the street and I could see the bus coming.

Just annoyed me so much. How low do you have to be to steal from a charity? What is her kid learning from this? Even if they were poor themselves, that's no excuse. Those drop boxes are not there for people to loot. I really wish I could have called the cops.

No comments: