Monday, November 9, 2009

Hey buddy, call your own cab

So this guy comes to the desk and asks me to call a cab for him. So I call and let him know they said it would be between 5 and 20 minutes.

He comes back 10 minutes later impatiently whining at me about how he needs a cab now. So I call again to check on the status of the cab and because people that work at hotels have a magical power over the cab companies that the average person does not posess. The cab company said the cab was on it's way and it would be a few more minutes. I relay the message to him and he went out front to wait.

The cab arrives about 5 minutes later and the guy that was being so impatient was nowhere to be found. So the driver left, rather pissed I might add.

Half an hour later the same guy comes back into the lobby whining that he needs a cab now. I told hime the cab he called for was here and gone and I couldn't find him when it was here. "I guess I should have stayed and waited." Gee, you really think to moron? I call another cab for him. This time he waited in the lobby.

And the moral of this mutha-fucka is call your own damn cab, preferably on your cell phone. That way when they can't find you, they call you and not me.

No comments: