Saturday, May 22, 2010

Can we start blacklisting people and organizations again?

Really can we?

Here's a case in point - tonight at the hotel that I am working at we have this group that is being rude to the staff and guests alike, acting like they think they own the place, being drunk, loud and otherwise obnoxious. They stayed at the hotel last year around this time and acted the same way. They were at the hotel I used to work at and were no different. In dealing with their leader guy, they think because they are spending what they think is a lot of money, they can do what ever they want. Meanwhile I have guests that are complaining about the noise. Amusingly enough they are threatening not to come here any more. Not much of a threat really.

Not the first time a dealt with a group like this. Or even an individual that acts this way. Sometimes I think blacklisting would be another method of recourse that might just reduce such instances. I could just see the potential for a group such as the one mentioned above to blacklist themselves out of places to have their functions.

Sadly there are just some people that will never catch on to the reason why people have a problem with them is because they are a problem.

Events like this also have me thinking about why people think that because they spent a given amount of money and/or have taken a given number of rooms that it entitles them have free reign over the entire hotel and not care that they are keeping other people awake or just being otherwise rude.

I think I'm done venting for now.

No comments: