Sunday, October 3, 2010

Did you ever think that maybe you were selling your self short?

At your job I mean?

I've got a lot in the way of skills, talents and knowledge. Not saying that I have any clue as to what to do with it though. But still, I think what I know and what I can do is worth more than what I am currently getting paid. Sometimes I think I'd be better off being in business for myself rather than working for someone else.

Maybe it's because my night is off to a stressful start. Maybe it seems that every night I feel that my sanity is being gnawed away. Maybe it's because my chances of advancement or even getting a raise seem to be slim to never. Even if I were to leave where I am and work at another hotel, if I'm still an auditor, the pay is going to be the same if I'm lucky. Maybe I'm growing tired of what I'm doing and want to try something different. Maybe I just feel I could be doing something more. Or better. More rewarding in some way or another?

Honestly I'm not even sure what I'd do. I had this goal of being a teacher. I still do. I love teaching. I'm pretty good at it too. Teaching in a public school requires me to meet their requirements. I don't meet those requirements so the best I can get from the public schools is substitute teaching. I could look in to private schools, but most the ones I know of are attached to a church. Being an atheist, I'm not going to get a job at any of those. I guess there's private tutoring, I considered that once before, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

At the least, right now anyway, I need something that pays better so I can put myself through college. But the same question still remains, what do I do? I mean if I were to start up a business for myself? Even if it were something on the side? I just keep thinking there's something more I can be doing, even with my spare time. At the least just to have a bit extra to make life easier to live. And pay for that degree that I want to finish.

I'm sure there's something I can do. If anyone that knows me well enough has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I guess I'm just stressed out and rambling at this point. Been dealing with a lot of stupid and annoying people. I hate my job more than usual at the moment and this has been running through my mind.

I guess I just need to take some serious self-reflection time and seriously consider things.

No comments: