Monday, October 4, 2010

So the price of the bus went up, but will the service get any better?

I'm doubtful.

And annoyed. The buses I ride are late more often than not. Especially the first one I ride on Saturday night. That one has made me late for work several times and forced me to take a bus that is nearly an hour earlier. To add to my frustration, most places I need to go require 2 buses and they never connect. Nearly every time the bus I'm on is with in a block of the terminal, the bus I need is pulling out of the terminal. Then I have to wait at the terminal for 20 minutes to damn near an hour depending on the day or time of day for the next bus. Does an outdoor bus terminal that is crawling with homeless and surrounded by Scientologists seem like the place you want to spend an hour of your time on a 90+ degree summer day? It's not a happy place, far too many creeps and weirdos and not the fun kind either. The security guards that are there during the day don't make me feel any safer. Not that I think anyone would mess with me, but still it's not some place where I want to sit for an hour.

Let's take a look at the changes.

I'm seeing the word eliminate being used an awful lot. I get the impression that those that regularly ride are paying more while PSTA is doing less. $10 more for a monthly pass, 50 cent's more for a daily, quarter more one way. That's got to add up. It's not sitting right with me. I'm trying to keep in mind they did just lose a grant, but jacking up prices and cutting service? If there's a significant improvement in the service provided, I guess it may be justified.

No comments: