Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The dumb things I hear in the still of the night...and stuff.

I've worked overnight shifts for a long time, I kinda like it. No, really I do. Most places where I have worked overnight bring a new meaning to the term "daytime drama." I'll keep my overnight shift, thank you.

I get annoyed with how people react when they find out what hours I work. It's always the same lines. Like "When do you sleep?" I get that a lot. When do you think I sleep? During the day! Seems pretty common sense. I think that's part of the problem.

There's another common reaction. "You much drink a lot of coffee." Why? I mean, I do drink coffee. Lately I've been drinking tea, but I don't really need to. It's like alcohol, I'm drinking it for flavour and effect.

I guess in both cases they are just assuming that I haven't been sleeping all day. Working my hours is pretty weird, but so am I. Probly why I've been doing it for so long.

Anyways

I ran this little app on facebook to tell me what words I use most. Both "fuck" and "fucking" are in the top 10. I'm rather amused that I say fuck more times than Zoog. And he's from Australia. What the fuck? BTW, Zoog is one half of Angelspit, and if you don't know who they are, you should look them up.

I'm still thinking in some way I'm selling myself short, I really need to do something about that.

My mind has been churning a lot with creative shit though, so that's good. Keep watching, I just might do something cool.

That being said, it's getting up on time for me to leave work.

No comments: