Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Well I'm shocked

I didn't think he possessed the nerve to do it, but he did. Pastor Adam C. Briggs commented on my blog about him. And he commented on another blog where I made a remark about him.

Let's take a look at the post and comment here.

I decided my questions in reply were not enough, he's making some pretty striking statements.
I was hoping to have more time to make a longer comment, but for now I will say that I stand by everything I have said to you. You are gross and despicable. Be thankful that God has withheld His judgment this long.

Your educational and occupational standing pale in comparison to your wickedness and perversion and I pray that you don't get near my precious children who are pure and as yet undefiled by the worldly like you.

Gross and despicable? Wickedness and perversion? Them is fightin' words! Not really, but those are some pretty strong things to be saying about a person. I'd like to know just what it is about me that makes me gross. Or despicable. Or wicked. Or even perverse. I thought I was pretty nice and rather upstanding. Am I mistaken? Perhaps the good pastor can enlighten me on these things. Especially the wickedness and perversion part. I think my educational background is pretty impressive. Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering, completed in 1998 and Bachelor of Secondary Education, Mathematics Emphasis, still in progress. And I took courses at Cambridge University during one summer. I think that's pretty impressive, not as impressive as having a PhD, but still better than average. I've been listed twice in the National Deans list on my current degree and graduated with honors on my previous. I also put myself through school. I'm not saying all this to pat myself on the back, but rather to find what level of perversion and wickedness have I committed that makes it pale in comparison. I want answers!

The "Be thankful that God has withheld His judgment" line is almost comical. While I do not believe that any god exists due to a lack of proof, let's for the sake of argument say that this one did exist. Would an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient creator of all things have any concern about me? If he did, I'd say that he needs to get his priorities straight. Would it not be better to pass his judgement on rapists, murders, abortion doctors, child molesters and the like? Oh wait. He's not doing that either, is he? I could be wrong here, but a guy that works at a hotel, substitute teaches on his days off, goes to college when he can afford it and dances on stage in a dress doesn't really sound like much of a criminal. Seems rather petty in comparison to a murderer, don't you think? Aside from that, wouldn't passing his judgement interfere with my free will?

I think I'm starting to see a reason for me not to get near his children. They might think he's wrong and a bit of an idiot. Not to mention insecure and a jerk on top of that. Good chance of them losing respect for him.
Also, I stand by burning the koran. The moslems are a wicked and murderous people who are infiltrating our country at an alarming rate. I hope that the koran will one day be censored from our country.

Adam, do you realise that the same First Amendment right that allows you to preach the gospel also allows them to have their Qurans and preach from them? Christians also have a history of being murderous and wicked. Adolf Hitler was a Christian. I wouldn't want the Bible or any other religious text censored from this country. Such an idea is like spitting in the face of those that founded this country. And you have the nerve to call me wicked and despicable. You should be ashamed of yourself.

No comments: