Saturday, October 23, 2010

About Pastor Adam C. Briggs

Normally I wouldn't waste my time with or give attention to this righteous troll. Normally I'd consider myself above attacking someone that is so witless and cowardly. But sometimes you just have to put someone in their place and this someone has been a thorn in my side for some time. It's time I get this off my chest like I've been meaning to. By the way, I'm hoping this gets back to Adam. I want it to. The invite is open from him to come here, on my turf and show me I'm in any way wrong or make some attempt at defending himself. I seriously doubt he will.

I'm going to pose a similar question to what he posed a while back when he took a few of the things I said in my online profiles out of context. He asked if I should be teaching children. I now ask if Pastor Adam is the kind of person you want leading you in prayer.

In fact, let's start with that. Why is it that he found it important to leave out my educational background (right there in the same profile), yet bold "drag queen?" Is being an artist/entertainer a bad thing when one is also a teacher? When I was in school, I had a teacher that was a drummer in a band, did that somehow make him unfit to teach as well? I'd like an answer to that. I think Adam was making an attempt to discredit me in some way, which makes leaving out facts that go against your point OK.

Adam likes to totally dehumanize and demonize people that may not agree with him as evidenced in his own blog. Such as this post accusing someone he quite obviously knows little about of being a eugenicist. Watch what you say on Twitter folks, there's no telling what he may accuse you of. The response to his post from the author of that Tweet was epic pwnage. Do you really want someone that makes these kind of accusations leading you to Jesus?

There's also this older post where he says things about a grocery store clerk that I can only guess he didn't have the balls to say to their face. He's pretty insistent that they are insistent on insulting him. Maybe it was too much for his narrow mind to ask "why all the questions?" If the conversation went verbatim as he typed it, I would have to say the clerk was either being nosey or maybe really did want a big family. I've been know to ask similar questions because large families are not very common. The national average is what? 2.5? What I also don't get is if he was offended, why didn't he say something to the store manager? Should someone that cowardly condemns another person for asking what may very well be innocent questions be on the pulpit?

Adam has also made some comments on a mock site for his favourite homophobic cookie shop. Not quite sure what he said, but it was too naughty for them to approve. Wow, a pastor that says offensive things on the internets and/or uses bad words? This guy is really digging a hole for himself.

Adam Briggs says:
September 30, 2010 at 4:10 pm
Isn’t it funny that my comment supporting “Just Cookies” has not been approved for publication. I thought this website didn’t support discrimination?

admin says:
September 30, 2010 at 4:31 pm
I reserve the right to censor comments that I would not want my children to see. The wording you chose to utilize in your comment fell into this category. I do not censor based on views, obviously.

Adam Briggs says:
September 30, 2010 at 4:59 pm
The word I used is in every major dictionary and is acceptable even in law books here in the U.S. You have now shown that you discriminate as much as the next citizen does. Discrimination is part of every day life, get over it.
How's that for Christian love?

Now if all that isn't enough, well, look through my blog where I've pointed out more of his idiocy.

http://persephone66.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-was-going-to-lay-off-fundies-for.html
http://persephone66.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-pastor-decides-not-to-burn-qurans.html
http://persephone66.blogspot.com/2010/04/yeah-this-guy-puts-mental-in.html

Do I really need to say more? I could, but I've said enough for now.

Was I the only one that noticed how he clams up when confronted? I wonder why.

No comments: