Friday, December 24, 2010

The Lasagna is in the oven

On it's first baking. Tomorrow it gets baked again.

And I need to cook a small pot of sauce, I used it all making this one. My mother likes to have a little extra sauce on the side. This lasagna is meaty on one side, veggie on the other. There's about a pound of meat in the meat side - meatballs and sausage. The veggie side has broccoli, spinach and carrots, the whole thing has ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, asiago and Romano cheeses. About 3 pounds of cheese in total. All that and a rather epic sauce made the old fashioned way from fresh ingredients.

And I still have a fucking sweet potato pie to make because some bitch from New York has obviously been living in the south too fucking long. And I stole the recipe from Jerome Bettis' mom. So it ought to be pretty good.

So yeah I like sweet potato pie.

I've also got a shit ton of sugar cookies. And cherry chocolate mudslides. These things are like murder by chocolate.

Oh yeahs.

No comments: