Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Still sick of it all

And still looking for something better.

So spring break appears to be in full swing. Rode the bus to work last night due to the weather. Packed full of young, dumb, drunk people that have me fearing for the future. Most of the were pretty to look at though.

Another busy and frustrating night at work. It wasn't as busy as last week or the week before, but still. Busy enough that I was non-stop, which I guess is good in a way, but I always get flustered and forget what I was doing. Or forget something in general. Today I forgot the energy drink I put in the fridge, and damn it I could use it now. Had a few frustrations through out the night as well. Like not just guest stuff, but things fucked up by other people that work there and the computers acting up.

That's another thing I wonder about some times. Can the computers be upgraded? Can the property management software run on linux? I think either would make things run smoother and make me look less like an idiot in front of the guests. No idea why I care. I'm going to be spending my time away from work looking for another job anyway. That's a big part of my plan, finding another job. Heck even something part time would be kinda cool so I can save money for DragonCon. It wouldn't get me away from where I am, but I might actually be a little less crabby. I doubt it. More like I would just use it as a springboard to get in full time.

A friend of mine pointed me to @clearwaterjobs on twitter. I found some things on there. I'll be looking for more. As I said before, anyone hears about anything that's hiring, let me know.

No comments: