Monday, May 23, 2011

So since it's not the end of the world, let's talk more about video games

Today we downloaded the latest DLC for Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts. So far, I like it. interesting new storyline, weapons, weapon mods, and crafting recipes. New things to kill too. I haven't gotten that far in to it, really I haven't gone through the Northern Passage and instead I watched my girlfriend play, but one of the things that I see that I'm liking is the Tommy Gun and the M1911. Which means when I go there, I'm going to switch from playing cowgirl (shotguns, revolvers, repeaters) and go old school Mafia style.

Something amusing I saw when I was playing today. If you get Rex, The King's cyberdog, as a companion and have Wild Wasteland turned on, talk to him. What happens is kinda funny. I'm not giving it away. You gotta try it yourself.

In other news, I've encountered some annoyance in EVE Online. It seems that PVP has found it's way to hi sec mission sites. I was ganked the other day by a very well put together gang. The knew what they were doing. I didn't until it was a bit too late. A frigate warped in to aggro me, once I started shooting, support arrived. There were even Orcas there to provide gang assist, along with all manner of shield boosting. Impressive really. Nothing I was prepared for. For anyone playing this that has never played EVE, there's a big difference between a good PVP and a good PVE fit. I'm toying with taking a high DPS PVP ship on missions from here on, but I'm not sure how well it will handle missions. Another thought I had next time I see someone warp in to my mission site is aggro every NPC, then warp the fuck out. If I do it fast enough, the would be ganker should get eaten by NPC's.

The ship that I lost, a full tech 2 fitted Myrmidon, was pocket change to me. I made more than it was worth in the last few hours on selling stuff I produce on the market. I have other Myrmidons as well. So no major loss. I'm more annoyed that gankers coming in to mission sites seems to be a pretty common thing.  I expect this sort of thing in low sec. Heck, if it doesn't happen in low sec, I think something is severely wrong in the world. Though if this does keep up, I might have some serious baiting opportunities.

And I'm still threatening to make youtube vids. I really want to. Another thought I had tonight, can anyone recommend a good video capture device that connect to the USB so I can use it on my laptop?

No comments: