Sunday, June 5, 2011

I hate riding the bus, fuck you PSTA.

I went back to riding my bike to save money, but not riding the bus is a great added benefit. Sadly, my bike needs a new tire tube and the one I purchased was defective. I ended up riding the bus home from work as well as going back to work as a result. Lets take a look at the complaints I felt necessary to file with PSTA.

The trip home-
This morning I ended up having to take the bus. I was once again reminded about why I try to avoid this. While waiting at the terminal to board, I noticed that it was 8:40 am, time for the bus to leave and the driver was still talking to someone. She then walked around, past the bus and spoke to another driver. It was not until 8:45 am before she finally started the bus and allowed passengers to board. The bus left the terminal at 8:48 am. 8 minutes late because the driver was socializing.

People rely on your service to get to where they need to be in a timely manner. Having drivers that are more concerned with gossip totally defeats that purpose.

And back to work-
The bus that was scheduled to be at (the stop) at 9:55pm did not arrive until 10:21pm. Due to this, I missed my connection to the Beach Trolley leaving the Park Street Terminal at 10:15 and instead had to take the one leaving at 10:40. This caused me to arrive at work 15 minutes late.

So now twice in the same day I have experienced lateness in your service. And the second time it caused me to be late for work. I made a decision a while back to ride a bicycle instead of taking the bus. Sadly, due to problems with my bike I am taking the bus. I feel I would have been better off walking. In total today I have spent $8. I did not foresee my need to ride the bus this evening. However, because of the stress and issues at my place of employment this has caused me, I feel it is only right that I be compensated by returning the $8 paid in to your service. In my line of work, refunds to the customer are the norm when the customer is affected by poor service.

I don't actually expect them to refund my money. Though I would like to see how they respond. i might post it here when they do.It would be nice if there was an alternative in public transportation.

No comments: