Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm going to conduct an experiment when Incarna goes live

Here's how it is going to work. Prior to the release of Incarna, I'm going to buy a PLEX. Maybe with cash. Maybe with ISK. I have not decided yet. After the release I am going to convert that PLEX to Aurum, the new currency. Then I am going to buy items with Aurum and sell them on the market for ISK at a profit. I am going to calculate the projected cost of PLEX after a week, maybe 2 weeks, double it, then divide it by the number of items. This will give me the selling price for these items. After the items are sold and if my calculations are correct, I will be able to purchase 2 PLEX. I am going to repeat the same process with those and turn them to 4 PLEX. Then 8 and if I can keep it up, 16.

Now why would I do this? It's to prove that with the new currency in EVE, one can become an ISK generating machine, complete with a free account, with out having ever left a station or really even played the game. An initial investment of 1 PLEX can now easily not just multiply, but grow exponentially. It's to show CCP the error of their ways and how they may have ruined the in game economy if not the whole game. Not sure if they will care, but I may never have to pay for EVE again.

I'll post the results as they happen.

No comments: