Saturday, June 25, 2011

So Incarna has gone live, so let's talk about it.

I may do a short youtube vid about this as well. That is if FRAPS wants to behave for me. I'm not sure if I can say all I want to say without doing a series of videos, but that's not a bad thing.

For starters, the new turrets and new effect are really nice. I am pleased to see mining, salvage and tractors were also updated. Added even. Very cool. The animations and effects look great. My strip miners look very cool. Bravo to CCP on this one.

The new agent finder was quite useful in my loyalty point whoring endeavours. Nice job there.

The Captain's Quarters is nice, though my laptop can't really handle it. It's not terribly useful. The 3 screens should be customisable or at least have some sort of a channel changer option. There's no advantage to using it over the existing NeoCom. It's cool that I can turn it off, but what I really want is an option to get out of my ship or have something like a “Fly-Thru Window” on the NPC stations. Getting in and out of my Hulk every time I drop off ore is very inefficient. It looks pretty as does my character. I think it's a good start on making walking on stations a reality.

The Noble Exchange has to be the biggest disappointment. It looked like there was more items on the test server. There's not many items, they don't look very nice and they are ridiculously expensive. Expensive to the point where the real money being spent on these items is close to the real money that would be spent on a real item. Spending 2, 3 even 4 PLEX (for a fucking cyber monocle! 12,000 aurum do the math!) is just insane. I think they really shit themselves on this one. Needless to say, my experiment is not going to happen.

Between this and some recent leaked communications and a dev blog that really doesn't clear anything up, I'm no longer happy with CCP and EVE Online. I'm at odds with cancelling my subscription or just staying on to see if they fix it. I guess I could always come back if I go the cancel route.

No comments: