Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm a lot of things, I've been called a lot of things

But I don't take well to being called a child predator or having my motives, which I think are at least respectable, questioned.

Case in point.

I know first hand how bad public schools in Florida are, I collect a paycheck from them every now and again. And I responded to the post about such. What really irked me was the response I got from it. I really feel it was completely out of line. I'm posting my response to it here as well. This is someone who clearly doesn't know who or what he is talking about.


YOU, especially YOU - shouldn't be around children, especially in a teaching position, one of authority. Have you read none of the predator articles I've put on here? You are at high risk of hurting one of the kids you say you wish to "help and teach." It's not your responsibility to help and teach someone else's kid, so don't make that your excuse.

So are you saying I'm a predator? Me? Someone that regardless of gender won't date someone without job and at least some college, preferably a degree. Oh you probly didn't know that. Or that I actually dumped a young lady because she not only did not have a job, but had no desire to get one. You most likely also are not aware that I'm not about casual sex and will only have sex with someone I am in a relationship with. And I'm sure you don't know that I think of my students like they are my own children. If I want anything for them it is success. Nothing less than that. I doubt you will believe me.

As for the public schools, they're never going to be "better." Better was in the past; the future involves nothing but a grand implosion. Don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise. Shoot, by simply participating in the failing educational free-for-all, you're actually impacting the kids negatively which only makes the "world" worse, not better.

You sure about that? I did manage to get one troubled girl to stop doing drugs and cutting class and to take school a little more seriously. There was a young man who I got interested in math after I showed him how useful it was to the career he was planning on going into. Sadly, there was one that was a cutter that I really wanted to get help for, but they dropped out shortly after talking to me about it.

Consider this: You stay in a miserably failed system (in every possible way, real or imagined) because you're attracted to the children which is sick. When you consider that the students are extremely repulsive in their behaviors and attitudes which is evident in how they talk, walk, dress, work, etc., it reveals further how deeply perverse your attraction for the kids really is. Normal people don't like repulsive people. I certainly can't stand to be near a public school, let alone a public school product. Public school students are like diseases to me, similar to the swine flu. I can't be around them, and neither can my family.

Consider this - you are just assuming that I'm attracted to kids because of what? The fact that I'm bisexual? That's really all you got. And did you even know that or did you just assume I was gay? An assumption based on what? The behaviours of others? How much do you know about me? How much do you think you know?

Why else would anyone in their right mind continue working in a hell-hole public school like you, especially when you know how bad it is? It's definitely not "to make the world better" because it only makes it worse. Really, it's for your own perverse personal benefit. You need to do some genuine self-reflecting in order to realize this.

I did some self reflecting a long time ago, this is where it brought me. My favourite moments in the classroom are those where I can clearly see that one has learned something. That moment when it all becomes clear to them. Those times when students have thanked me. Those times when I felt appreciated. I wouldn't trade that for any amount of money and they certainly do make the rest of the nonsense I see during the course of my day worth it.

I practically live by these simple words from VNV Nation -

"This is your world.
These are your people.
You can live for yourself today,
or help build tomorrow for everyone."

I am waiting to see what he has to say next. Purely for entertainment purposes at this point. That's about all the case-pleading I'm going to do. I'm sure this bible thumper won't believe a word I have told him, but I'm sure he's absolutely convinced a rib-woman was conned by a talking snake into eating fruit from a magic tree. Not someone that can be reasoned with. It's a pity because I actually do appreciate that he is taking the time to point out that public schools have some serious problems.

I think I may, however, have to point out to him something I once told his wife, Dani. Just because one subscribes to one behaviour that is labled as perversion, does not mean that they subscribe to every form of perversion imaginable. For instance, if a guy has a foot fetish, it does mean he's also into beastiality or a paedophile. That's just silly, right? So is assuming that someone that is transgendered is a paedophile. It's just silly.

Does anyone that actually knows me think I don't belong in the classroom?

No comments: