Saturday, August 1, 2009

New work shirts and other things.

I have new uniform shirts for my job at the hotel. They gave me a choice of either a light yellow or blue. The blue was the less visually repulsive. It looks worse on me than it did in the catalog. I like the black shirts we had better. I think it's supposed to make me more cheerful, it's having quite the opposite effect. This shade of blue is so not my color.

At least it's not a suit.

While I have been off from work I managed bring a lawn mower back to life. Just needed to have the carb cleaned an rebuilt. Runs like a champ now. And if it can stop raining long enough, I might be able to mow my parents' lawn.

I also framed out my first set of fairy wings. I'm using hanging wire from the hardware store. it holds it's shape pretty well. It's also in 6' lengths which means it's pretty easy to bend 2 wings together. Also, one piece of wire is just enough for one wing. Just "skinning," painting and decorating at this point.

Since I stopped smoking this last time and also started working out on a regular basis, I've had a nearly permanent case of the munchies. Really annoying when you are trying to lose weight and all you want to do is eat.

No comments: