Monday, December 21, 2009

So I get this call at 7:00 am

It's my co-worker. Calling off because she's sick.

I'm finding this rather annoying. Calling in sick when you are supposed to be at work is bullshit. Seriously. Total fucking bullshit. There had to have been some point before where she knew she was not going to be in and could have called in sooner. Total fucking bull shit. Right before she called in she called the co-worker that was supposed to be in at 8:00am. She was coming to work from her other job. Which is why she was scheduled to be in a 8 in the first place.

Yeah, so because someone didn't have the sense to call earlier, 2 people, at least, were terribly inconvenienced. I didn't leave work until 7:40 causing me to take a later bus and delayed my getting home by an hour. Not cool.

More annoying is that my having to stay late is almost a daily occurrence. As much as I love the overtime, I'm sick of having to stay late. Seems like nearly every job I have ever held, except for teaching, there has been at least a few people that come in late on a daily basis and at least one that regularly calls off. Seldom have I seen a boss do anything about it. I don't get it. Save for missing some of pay, what incentive does anyone have to be on time if no one does anything about it? And when did this start? I thought most employers took some sort of disciplinary action when it came to being late for work. Well, I used to think that.

No comments: